Ahhhhh! I am happily back home in Florida today! I’m not exactly sure what cruel joke the weather Gods are trying to pull up in Virginia, but when I left yesterday morning, the thermometer in my car said it was 23 degrees!!! 23 Degrees – Fahrenheit – in mid-April!!! That’s just nuts!!
Today is my one year TRI-VERSARY!!
Yes, I know that’s not a word.
It was one year ago today that I decided to register for and train for my first triathlon.
It’s amazing when I think back at how far I have come in this past year.
I was 20-ish pounds heavier. My bike was in good shape, but I couldn’t swim 100m and I couldn’t run a mile!
I have committed to running a marathon in the Fall, a Half-Iron Distance Triathlon next April, and a Full Iron Distance Triathlon in November, 2015!
These are things I could not have even fathomed even considering a year ago.
And today, I know it will be a long, hard road, but I have NO DOUBT in my mind whatsoever that I can accomplish each one of those considerable goals – just putting one foot in front of the other.
Keep moving forward!
So, Happy Tri-versary to me!!
It was not as bad as it could have been.
- They were very complimentary of my knowledge of “the book” – I know the belt material for every belt thusfar better than most people. YAY!
- Grappling is good. YAY!
- They were pleased with my physical conditioning. Thank Goodness for triathlon training!!
- They were happy with my foot work (this has been an issue in the past, so I’m glad all those miles of C-steps I’ve been doing for the past year or so paid off).
- I am not a commanding instructor. I have self-confidence issues. I have difficulty correcting my peers. Uh, yeah… I know…
- My hand positions are too “feminine.” Okay, fair enough.
- My self-defense is stiff and somewhat robotic. This is a big one. I will be working on this like crazy between now and July 26th
So, all-in-all not so bad. I have my marching orders and I can make it better. So I will!
T-minus 100 days and counting!!