This “recipe” – and I use the term loosely, because it’s more of a method than an actual recipe – is quickly becoming my go-to lunch favorite.
It is super-quick, super-easy, and super-delicious. It is also an AWESOME way to use up leftovers, which appeals to my more frugal nature, since you can throw pretty much any veggie or meat in the pan.
Today, I made a spicy chicken-broccoli brown rice bowl and, boy howdy, is it good!!! 🙂
Spicy Chicken-Broccoli Rice Bowl
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp chili oil
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 oz. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets (mine were frozen but I thawed them out first)
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts (peanuts are good, but all I had were almonds – also quite delicious)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- Braggs Aminos to taste
Heat EVOO and chili oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms and saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked through. Add chicken, broccoli, and nuts and stir fry until everything is hot.
Put rice in a bowl, spritz with a couple of pumps of Braggs Aminos, top with chicken/veggie mix, and spritz with a few more pumps of Braggs.
Enjoy!! Makes 1 large serving, but it could easily feed 2 people for lunch.