In year’s past I would sit and look over the year gone by and there were always successes to celebrate, but, I never seemed to see them – instead I would dwell on my failures – on the things left undone or the goals not yet achieved.
In year’s past, sitting in the thick of the holiday season, I would likely have gained several (or more pounds), thinking, “Well, as soon as the New Year comes I’ll get back on track.”
An endless 365 day loop, played out annually – over and over and over again – for decades…
This year is very different. I am a different person exiting 2013 from the person who entered it.
I have changed.
There have been so many wins at work that are very exciting. Our team has really gelled and become a functional unit moving in one direction and the results bear out how effectively we work together.
But even more than my work – where I generally feel pretty confident, I have experienced successes that I never dreamed possible.
I am a triathlete!
I have leaned out so much this year and my performance has improved in all areas.
I am much more confident in my appearance.
I feel amazingly healthy.
It feels so good to be approaching 50 years old just hitting my stride – getting better every day, rather than starting to fall apart.
- Finish Disney Princess Half Marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a Color Vibe 5K in under 25 minutes
- Test for my Blackbelt in Karate in July at a level I am proud of
- Join Master Swim
- Compete in 3 Sprint and 2 Oly Distance Tris in the late summer/Fall
- Compete in IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta on 9/28/14
- Release another 10 pounds
- Register for Ironman FL 2015
- Assorted 5Ks
- Register for a Marathon (I have no idea which one) to be run in early 2015
- Train hard, train smart, and listen to my coach
Aggressive? Absolutely… Achievable? Most definitely!
No regrets 2013 – it’s been an awesome year!